unit 2: communication skills for creative media production.
The dreamer.
The dreamer is a horror TV series about a 18 year old man who is attending college. when he goes to sleep he has very violent nightmares. Which he then finds out are being acted out on people when he is having these dreams. So he try's to unravel the truth to find out what is causing these problems. But to his surprise he discovers that there is a greater force to blame. He discovers that he is being used like a puppet by a demon. And that he is the one who has been inflicting these terrible things on people.
Market research
Audience Research.
When looking at what TV shows that were in the genre horror i came across the very popular TV show The Walking dead. When looking on wiki i found out that "The Walking dead is an american horror drama television series developed by frank darabont". The popular TV shows networks off AMC, FOX, AMC networks about 9pm on a Sunday night, on a . Another TV show that i found was american horror story. When looking on wiki again i found out that "America horror story is a anthology horror TV series created and produced by Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk. Described as an anthology series, each season is conceived as a self-contained miniseries, following a disparate set of characters and settings, and a story line with its own "beginning, middle and end"A Some plot elements are loosely inspired y true events ". American horror story networks on FX and is on about 10pm on a Tuesday night
Audience Research.
Again i when onto Wikipedia and found out that "On 14th September the sixth season of american horror story premiered. And grabbed the top spot on the Wednesday night cable ratings. With a rating of 2.8 million in adults 18- 49, dominating the rest of the competition in the night. This was, however, two tenths lower than the "hotel" premiere last year, which grabbed a 3.0 at the time. By looking at this i can then decide what audience to aim our TV series at as we now know what age groups enjoy watching programs .Like american horror story and what age groups do not enjoy watching horror based TV programs.
Production research
After looking at marketing and audience research i have come to a realization of what i would need for the production of my TV program. i now know know that i will not only need a camera man i will also need a sound and lighting technician and will also need a boom operator and the most obvious a actor that is suited to the role that i have created. For my lead role i will need a young male who has dark hair, preferably dark brown or black hair, he need to be skinny but not too skinny just physical fit and would be nice if he was tall. When filming i will need cameras, boom mic's and more. Another thing that i have discovered is that i need to take in to consideration and great detain is the location and which studio i would use for my TV program. After taking it into consideration after looking at my audience and market research i have chosen to use either FOX or FX to broadcast my TV program. I have chosen these channels because after looking at what the most popular horror TV programs are 'The Walking dead' and 'American Horror story' was the top two and they are featured on FOX and FX and from talking to friends and family a lot of them watch TV programs on FOX and FX, Which both already host many good horrific and thrilling TV shows. Once i looked at that i then looked at the location of my TV program. When thinking about it and looking at what my TV show entails i decided that the TV program would take place in New York City its self. The reason why i have chosen such an iconic place was because after looking at pictures of New York at night i relised that its so beautiful and perfect as this TV show is going to take place at night quite a lot not just that New York may be beautiful but can also have some twist there and some dark places wich links in with what the TV program is all about.
Audience Research.
Again I when onto Wikipedia and found out that "On 14th September the sixth season of American horror story premiered. And grabbed the top spot on the Wednesday night cable ratings. With a rating of 2.8 million in adults 18- 49, dominating the rest of the competition in the night. This was, however, two tenths lower than the "hotel" premieres last year, which grabbed a 3.0 at the time. By looking at this I can then decide what audience to aim our TV series at, as we now know what age groups enjoy watching programs. Like American horror story and what age groups do not enjoy watching horror based TV programs.
The dreamer.
The dreamer is a horror TV series about a 18 year old man who is
attending college. When
he goes to sleep he has very violent nightmares. Which he then finds out are
being acted out on people when he is having these dreams. So
he try's to unravel the truth to find out what is causing these
problems. But to his surprise he discovers that there is a greater
force to blame. He discovers that he is being used like a puppet by a
demon. And that he is the one who has been inflicting these terrible things
on people.
Market research
When looking at what TV shows that were in the genre horror I came across
the very popular TV show The Walking dead. When looking on wiki I found out that
"The Walking dead is an American
horror drama television series developed by frank darabont". The popular
TV shows networks off
AMC, FOX, AMC networks about 9pm on a Sunday night, on a. Another TV show
that I found was American horror story.
When looking on wiki again i found out that "America horror
story is a anthology horror TV series created and produced
by Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk. Described as an anthology
series, each season is conceived as a self-contained miniseries,
following a disparate set of characters and settings, and a story
line with its own "beginning, middle and end “A Some plot elements
are loosely inspired y true events ".
American horror story networks on FX and is on about 10pm on a Tuesday night
Audience Research.
Again I when onto Wikipedia and found out that "On 14th September the sixth season of American horror story premiered. And grabbed the top spot on the Wednesday night cable ratings. With a rating of 2.8 million in adults 18- 49, dominating the rest of the competition in the night. This was, however, two tenths lower than the "hotel" premieres last year, which grabbed a 3.0 at the time. By looking at this I can then decide what audience to aim our TV series at, as we now know what age groups enjoy watching programs. Like American horror story and what age groups do not enjoy watching horror based TV programs.
Production research
After looking at marketing and audience research I have come to a realization of what I would need for the
production of my TV program. I
now know know that I
will not only need a camera man I will also need a sound and lighting technician and will also need a
boom operator and the most obvious a actor that is suited to the role that I have created. For my
lead role I will
need a young male who has dark hair, preferably dark brown or black hair, he
need to be skinny but not too skinny just physical fit and would be nice if he
was tall. When filming I
will need cameras, boom mic's and more. Another thing that I have discovered is that
I need to take in
to consideration and great detain is the location and which studio I would use for my TV
program. After taking it into consideration
after looking at my audience and market research I have chosen to use either FOX or FX
to broadcast my TV program. I have chosen these channels because after looking
at what the most popular horror TV programs are 'The Walking dead' and
'American Horror story' was the top two and they are featured on FOX and FX and
from talking to friends and family a lot of them watch TV programs on FOX
and FX, Which both already host many good horrific and thrilling TV shows. Once
I looked at that I then looked at the
location of my TV program. When thinking about it and looking at what my TV
show entails I
decided that the TV program would take place in New York City its self. The
reason why I have
chosen such an iconic place was because after looking at pictures of New York
at night I realised that its so
beautiful and perfect as this TV show is going to take place at night
quite a lot not just that New York may be beautiful but can also have some
twist there and some dark places which links in with what the TV program is all about.
Comments
Post a Comment